Sunday, March 7, 2010

Mamma Mia... and other news.

I "finally" got down to watching Mamma Mia. Maybe I should have waited longer. Or seen it when I was like 5.

It was all right. I mean, I love Meryl Streep, and she was completely over-the-top and amazing. I also really like Amanda Seyfried. She doesn't even have a bad voice. +2 for her!

Now, my hang-up with this movie (or rather, hang-upS) is the casting of Colin Firth as the gay possibility for dad and Pierce Brosnan. I won't really talk about Colin Firth, because he's actually a very good actor. Just wish the casting/director pinned him for someone else. Like Pierce Brosnan's role.

Oh, man, I LOATHED Pierce Brosnan in this role. I don't generally like him as an actor, because he always comes across (to me) as the "suave" British guy who uses his accent to get laid. His little thing at the end where he tells Donna (Meryl Streep) that he came back for her? Came across to me as he was just "buttering her up" so he (the character) could get into her (the character)'s pants. Then, there was his singing. Tried too hard to be rock, completely out of key, and you couldn't even hear him over the music half the time. Seriously, Hollywood, think twice before you cast someone who can't sing in a musical. Although Broadway does that, but normally they have actors who make up for that. But Hollywood =/= Broadway.

Okay. Off of my little rant on a stupid movie.

In other news, Prince has been gone since Wednesday and I haven't heard from him this whole time. Pretty sure it's because of the whole Air Force ROTC SCIDM thing and he probably didn't take his phone. I don't even know when he gets back, although I suspect it's Sunday. I hope he gets back soon, because I miss him and we need to have a long chat.

Anyway. I think that's all for me.

~Princess

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I'm sorry but Mamma Mia was awful. I was seriously disappointed with it, and yes... I am NO fan of Pierce Brosnan either... The roles should have been more reversed like you say!

    ReplyDelete